The value of original paintings never decreases. It's a wise investment that increases in value as the reputation of the artist increases. Collecting art created by Black artists is something that all investors should consider. Collecting art for love and profit is one of life's great pleasures. Tips for beginning art collectors
Good reminders for anyone interested in art or already collecting art.
1. Buy art because you like it and because it moves you, and because it will
enhance your life.
2. Visit as many art galleries and educate yourself about the art you like or a particular artist.
3. Get on an artists mailing list so you'll be invited to openings and special events.
4. Visit and join your local art museums and non profit art centers.
5. Attend National and International Art Fairs and Art Expos whenever possible.
6. Get to know other art collectors, talk to them and find out what they know and what
they've learned about collecting art.
7. Read books on art history and books about collecting art.
8. Subscribe to a few art magazines.
9. Once you've educated yourself and have fallen in love with a work of art,
buy it, take it home and enjoy it.