I think we all know the importance and power of prayer and the importance of keeping our President covered in prayer. I've committed to praying for him daily. One easy way to do so is by doing something I learned from a little girl. At the beginning of the Iran war, this little girl decided to pray for the troops everytime she said grace. I was so impressed with this powerful simplicity that I decided to add a line to my "grace" prayer and also lift up our troops. Now as I bless my food I will also lift up President Obama. I encourage everyone to quickly cover him in prayer in this manner, also. Such a manner makes it so easy to do on a consistent basis. He will need our consistent covering.
Following are a few prayer points that you may want to incorporate when you have more time to spend in prayer:
1. Cover him in the Blood of Jesus. There’s protecting power and cleansing power in the Blood. (Exodus 12:7, 13; Leviticus 17:11; Hebrews 9:12-14; I John 1:7)
2. Pray a hedge of protection around him. (Zechariah 2:5; Psalm 91; Psalm 34:7; Psalm 5:12)
3. Pray for supernatural wisdom in the decision-making process. (Acts 6:10; Psalm 1; Ephesians 5:17; John 10:27; Daniel 2:21; Colossians 1:9-10)
But they were not able to resist the intelligence and the wisdom and [the inspiration of] the Spirit with which and by Whom he spoke. Acts 6:10 Amp.
4. Pray for razor-sharp spiritual discernment. He'll need to discern good from bad and he'll especially need to discern who his enemies are before they can do him harm. (Daniel 2:22; I Kings 3:9; Philippians 1:9-11; Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 119:104-105; Genesis 41:39-40)
5. Rebuke the Enemy. We have the power to make the devil leave him alone. (2 Corinthians 2:11; Luke 10:19; Mark 16:17; 1 John 3:8; Colossians 2:15; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 1:13)
I hope you'll join me in covering our President (and his beautiful family) on a consistent basis.
Remember, no spiritual promise comes to pass without prayer, faith and works.
Min. Patricia D. Samuels, MA