BBWO: BLACK BUSINESS WOMEN ONLINE

Here are some tips for dressing a heavy-bottom

Ladies I am a member of this club also I love my curves but sometimes they(hips and booty) can get in the way.

If your hips are wider than your shoulders and your thighs are round, you have a classic pear-shaped body. Dressing is a snap if you remember to accentuate the positives: a shapely waist, delicate upper body and attractive shoulders and arms.

When Buying BOTTOMS

Avoid anything too tight

A-line skirts that hit around the knee area are ideal because they draw attention away from problem areas. Miniskirts are generally a bad idea because they accentuate heavy thighs.

Pant waists should fall somewhere below the natural waistline for a better fit. A straight or slightly bootcut leg is the most flattering. Avoid patterned or light-colored pants. Skip fussy details like big cargo pockets, rouching or excessive zippers around the hip area.

Shorts can be tricky, but for workouts and casual wear choose lightweight, loose-fitting shorts (no bike shorts). Slimming side stripes on shorts can give the illusion of sleekness.

When Buying TOPS

Avoid too-baggy tops or too-tight tops: the looser tops will make you look large all over, the tight tops will make you look out of proportion to your hips. Look for fitted -- not skintight -- T-shirts (something with some stretch) and button-front tops. V-necks, turtlenecks and open collars all call attention to the face, which is always a good thing.

Jackets and blazers should hit anywhere but the widest point of your hips. That could mean right below the waist to mid-thigh, depending on your height. Wear jackets and blazers open for the best vertical lines.

When the DRESSES

Look for dresses that nip in at the waist and slightly flare out over hips and thighs.

You can pull off a full-skirted ballgown because it will hide heavy hips and thighs.

Try sleeveless and strapless dresses to play up pretty shoulders and arms.

An empire, or raised waist dress brings the eye up away from problem areas. But be Careful. Sometimes this gets mistaken for a maternity look with fuller figures.

Here one more tip for my hips and back sisters to shave off a couple of inches SPANX is a blessing from up above. Spanx will smooth out any inperfections if you have not tried it you need to.

Views: 16

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion
Join our Facebook Community | Share Your Web Links | Enter Our Big Giveaway
Post Your Favorite Videos | Submit Articles | Join Our Affiliate Program

I love your advice. I had to find this out the hard way by trial and error but I now know what I can and can't do. I am bottom heavy (or thick as my husband would say). My mother says that I look frail at the top because I have no stomach or waist (even after two kids) but that hurts me when trying to wear jeans because it will fit me perfectly from the hips down but right above the butt area I have this huge gap. I have to pay extra to have it corrected by a tailor. I heard that Beyonce's line was perfect for Sista's with that problem but I'm not to anxious to spend that amount for one pair of jeans. Anyway, I wish you a Fabulous Merry Christmas and hope to keep in touch!!

www.pleasurabledesires.com
Yes I totally understand the trouble you go through trying to find the right pair of jeans. Remember I too am a member of the bottom half/heavy club

Beyonce's Line is good also there Nelly's Line of Jeans Apple bottoms also Luxinie also Levi's remember Levi's has a major come with the skinny jeans that CAN fit some of us bottom heavy chicks!!!!!

Mercedes Doyle said:
I love your advice. I had to find this out the hard way by trial and error but I now know what I can and can't do. I am bottom heavy (or thick as my husband would say). My mother says that I look frail at the top because I have no stomach or waist (even after two kids) but that hurts me when trying to wear jeans because it will fit me perfectly from the hips down but right above the butt area I have this huge gap. I have to pay extra to have it corrected by a tailor. I heard that Beyonce's line was perfect for Sista's with that problem but I'm not to anxious to spend that amount for one pair of jeans. Anyway, I wish you a Fabulous Merry Christmas and hope to keep in touch!!

www.pleasurabledesires.com

RSS

Become A Money Magnet

Sponsors & Support

Advertisements

Your Banner Here - Advertising on BBWO

Advertisement

Your Banner Here - Advertising on BBWO

Back to Business Virtual Conference

© 2021   Created by LaShanda Henry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service